This painting entitled Outreach Over Trouble Waters portrays our strength with the extended branch as the focal point. The wear and tear markings on the bark signify the courage to find new ways. The branch also symbolizes signs of new growth. At the same time, the ebb and flow of the water is symbolic of the many changes that are still ahead. Yet, the tranquil background color assures that we will get through this together. In summary, this new beginnings painting symbolizes the importance to prevail, branch out, and stay connected no matter what flows during this restart in our country.
Plein aire at Huycks Preserve in Rensselaerville, NY
Definitely worth the trek in and time to paint and teach!
The process of painting a sunlit forest path consisted of three basic lessons.
1. Blocking basic areas with colors and shapes.
2. Adding dark and light shadows.
3. Highlighting and accenting details.
This 18 x 24 oil painting on canvas represents a summer stonewall garden during an early foggy morning. The fog rolling in the background heightens the focal attention to the flowers. The abundance of these flowers each season never ceases to amaze me . A true treasure and beauty with its untamed nature.
Mountain Vermont Stream in progress. Started painting this yesterday. This representation shows the extent of a mountain river no matter what time of year. This particular spot was off a beaten path near route 2. The view is looking upstream from a bridge elevation. Still have some touch ups to do, but having fun with the process.
Vischer Ferry General Store
Art - to - Go
Landscape artist: Karen Woodin
Springtime Medley Exhibit
357 Riverview Road
Rexford, New York 12148
Open: 9am to 2pm
Price List - Description
1. Family of Sheep (oil)$500 + tx
(18" x 24") center
2. Misty Vischer Ferry (oil) $300 + tx
(12" x 24") upper right
3. Bridge of Hope (giclee) $100 +tx
(8" x 10") upper left
4. River Flowers (oil) $400 +tx
(16" x 20") mid bottom
5. Mohawk River View (oil) $300 + tx
(12" x 24" ) middle right
6. Spring Creek Waterfall (oil) $350 + tx
(16" x 20") bottom left
7. Spring River Path Reflection (oil) $350 + tx (12" x 20") bottom right
1. Call or email Vischer Ferry General
2. Provide description of painting.
3. Make credit card payment over the phone with Louise or George.
4. Set up a time to pick up artwork - open 9am to 2pm WEDNESDAY, THURSDAY, FRIDAY, SATURDAY AND SUNDAY
5. Pick up item at front porch - labeled/packaged.
Oil Paint a Luminous Autumn Woodland Path
Thacher Nature Center on Thompson’s Lake
87 Nature Center Way, Voorheesville, NY 12186
Saturday November 2nd 10AM to 3:30PM
Paint an autumn woodland path with local accomplished artist and teacher Karen Woodin. Participants of all skill levels will receive instructions on various oil painting techniques, and complete their own 16 x 20 painting to take home. The course fee is $65 and includes all materials. Advance registration and payment are required. Please call Nature Center @ 518-872-0800 to register and for further details. Please bring a bag lunch, light refreshments will be provided. Class size is limited. Please call soon.
A crisp morning with sunlight casting its light upon a cascading falls is a beautiful sight. This is especially true with the direct rays of spring light. New growth and a clean fresh run-off is the essence of this scene. Creating a strong value base was key to make this transparent.